What is the likelihood that you would ever be Vegan?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Analysis of Jordan Laine's Podcast

2. a. audience- jordan's fantasy sports podcast does a really good job of incorporating numerous audiences: men, women, fantasy sports veterans, new people to the fantasy game, critics and lovers of fantasy sports. The best potential audience would be people that are not familiar with fantasy sports or maybe women since Jordan explains women make up only 12% of fantasy sports players. He effectively addresses these numerous audiences by explaining how the fantasy game works, by being emotionally and logically appealing and by the tone of his voice. It felt like I was just having a conversation with Jordan about one of his favorite passions. 

b. genre and publication- I think a podcast was a perfect choice for the medium of his major persuasive project. The sound affects, expert snippets and audio appeal really support the idea of fantasy sports. Those people who are likely to play fantasy sports are also more likely to click on itunes and listen to this podcast for themselves. 

3. a. Jordan effectively framed communicated and persuaded me to be interested in fantasy sports. After listening to the podcast, I better understand the issue and I get a good sense of how it works. I also feel more confident in my ability since Jordan made it clear that beginners have the advantage, they win a lot of fantasy games since they lack the realistic experience of sports. 

b. Jordan addresses a few disagreements one may  have with his argument but I feel like there could be room for more. I don't play/have an interest in fantasy sports so I'm a little biased but I still feel like there should be a few more points that really drive the point home: fantasy sports are fun and easy to play. He does a good job of establishing credibility by citing a few experts and a female player of the game. The third person narrative also emphasizes his level of experience with the issue he is talking about. ** In this section, I would add a few more snippets about why its so fun. Maybe add some examples about a few close games you had or a game that sticks out in your mind. There is a lot of usage of logos but it would be good to add more personal ethos and pathos. 

4. a/b.Jordan uses a couple really good sound bytes from GarageBand that enhance the feel of the podcast. I feel like I am apart of something bigger because of the dramatic investigative clips and sports sounds. There are no visuals, since it is a podcast.

c. I think Jordan balances summary and analysis very well. 

d. I think Jordan did the best on this section. I have never discussed fantasy sports so this podcast did a good job of persuading my interest. The podcast form was a perfect use of medium for this issue/idea/concept.

e. The podcast is very well structured. The beginning, middle and end are very obvious and flow nicely together. It was easy to listen to and kept my attention throughout the 3 minutes. Jordan mentioned that he is going to be adding a few more minutes to the podcast but the first half I am analyzing today looks really good. I'm excited to listen to the final piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment